Curaçao is a Caribbean island, just off the coast of Venezuela. It has generally low, hilly terrain. The highest point is Mount Christoffel (aka Christoffelberg) at 372 meters (1,220 feet), located in the Christoffelpark wildlife reserve. Hato Caves are show caves, a popular tourist attraction on Curaçao.
CARMABI (Caribbean Research and Management of Biodiversity), an NGO on the island of Curaçao, helped to establish the Curacao Underwater Park. The Curaçao Dolphin Academy at the Curaçao Sea Aquarium offers visitors the opportunity to meet and swim with dolphins in a number of different programs. It is possible to experience African culture at the Curaçao Ostrich Farm.
- Curacao Underwater Park
- Shete Boka National Park
In 1954, Curacao and several other Dutch Caribbean possessions were reorganized as the Netherlands Antilles, part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. In referenda in 2005 and 2009, the citizens of Curacao voted to become a self-governing country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The change in status became effective in October 2010 with the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles.
- The potential for dive tourism led entrepreneurial marine protected areas in Curacao by J de Groot & SR Bush, 2010
- Entrepreneurial Marine Protected Areas Established by the Dive Tourism Industry: The Case of Curacao by J Groot, 2009
- Curacao Tourism Board: The Survival of an Island by N Rutten, 2006
- Sustainable tourism development on Curacao-the implementation challenge by V Dinica, 2006
- Sustainable Tourism in Curacao by D Daal & L Pors, 2006
- Sustainable tourism on Curacao-public policy and implementation initiatives by V Dinica, 2006
- Tourism Product Development for the Tourism Market of Curacao and the Integration of the Sustainability Approach by R Kempen, 2005
- Tourism to Curacao: A new deal based on visitors’ experiences by WHJ Freytas & L Arts, 1989
- An Exploratory Study of the Labor Demand in the Accommodation-related Sector of the Travel and Tourism Industry of Curacao by EA Klooster, 1988
- Marine resource protection versus marine tourism in Curacao: A management problem? by J Sybesma & MA Borowitzka, 1988